GlobeSt.com provides subscribers with in-depth,
exclusive special reports, insights from commercial
real estate's thought leaders and breaking news and
analysis. Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find on the
industry’s leading news and information website.
For environmental due
diliigence, blogs Thought
Leader Jay Grenfell, local
expertise is key.
Columnist Howard Roth
sings the praises of Brazil’s
Net lease blogger
Jonathan Hipp charts Taco
Bell’s pros and cons in one
of his latest reviews.
DEVELOPING ON TRIBAL LANDS
Developing on tribal land is a process that demands more than a
handshake, as Arizona U’s Mark Stapp (shown) tells GlobeSt.com
reporter Amy Wolff Sorter in her Special Report. You’re dealing
with sovereign nations here.
SPEED, VALUE GAP HAMPER
Restructuring a troubled loan can take up to 18 months, though
value has improved. Distress is better, says Faris Lee’s Richard
Berlinghof. And, as he tells tells GlobeSt.com reporter Rob Carr,
CMBS maturities this year will keep this workout method moving.
OFFICE COULD BE CRE’S NEW PROBLEM CHILD
No longer the sector with the lowest delinquency rate, office faces a combination
of maturing debt, rolling leases and fundamentals that still lag the market’s peak,
explains Distressed Assets editor (and Forum managing editor) Paul Bubny.
Atlanta (shown) is particularly troubling.
VISIT GLOBEST.COM TODAY
Scan the code with your hand-held device for
GlobeSt.com’s mobile edition
You can also access live links to all of these
stories by clicking on
4 REAL ESTATE FORUM FEBRUARY/MARCH 2012
TOP FEBRUARY/MARCH DEALS
• Simon Announces $3.5B Europe, US Investments
• Deutsche Bank, Guggenheim in Talks for RREEF Sale
• Malkin Files $1B IPO, Plans for REIT
• Sears Announces $1B Reset Plan, Sale of 11 Stores
• Boston Properties Commits to $615M BofA Tower Buy
MOST POPULAR STORIES
• Sources Predict Continued Brokerage Consolidation
• Square Mile and USAA Strategically Unite
• Auction.com Event Sells $424M in Multifamily
• Six Questions for Related’s Jorge Perez
• Manhattan Mall Gets $325M Refinancing
Network Is Most
Helpful for Your
Don’t Believe in
T w itte r
sound off in our popular
Quick Polls. Let your
voice be heard.